Located in the County Seat of Tonopah, Nevada, the Nye County Treasurer’s Office is the property tax collector for several taxing entities within Nye County including:
- The Towns of:
- Round Mountain
- The Nye County School District
- The State of Nevada
Property Tax Collection
Tax rates are set in June of each year. Tax bills are prepared and mailed out by August 1st of each year. Property taxes are due on the third Monday in August. However, the property owner may elect to pay installments if the taxes on a parcel exceed $100.00
DUE DATES AND GRACE PERIODS
Per Nevada Revised Statutes 361.483
Tax Roll - July 2022 through June 2023
Taxpayers are granted an automatic 10-day grace period from the installment due date
- 1st installment – Due: August 15, 2022, Delinquent after: August 25, 2022
- 2nd installment – Due: October 3, 2022, Delinquent after: October 13, 2022
- 3rd installment – Due: January 2, 2023, Delinquent after: January 12, 2023
- 4th installment – Due: March 6, 2023, Delinquent after: March 16, 2023
More than 59,000 property tax bills are mailed by the County Treasurer’s Office annually. The County Assessor sets the assessed value and the County Commissioners set the tax rates for the County. Due to the heavy volume of mail and phone calls received near installment due dates, processing payments may take up to 15 business days.
Future Due Dates
The Nevada Legislature has established four quarterly tax installment due dates for each fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) as shown above. Tax bills are mailed only once each year.
If you purchase real property during the tax year, you are responsible for any taxes not paid as of the close of escrow. Please contact the Treasurer's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a duplicate bill. As stated in NRS 361.480 failure to receive an individual tax bill does not excuse the taxpayer from the timely payment of taxes.
- 2021-2022 County Tax Rates (pdf)
- 2020-2021 County Tax Rates (pdf)
- 2019-2020 County Tax Rates (pdf)
- 2018-2019 County Tax Rates (pdf)
- 2017-2018 County Tax Rates (pdf)
- 2016-2017 County Tax Rates (pdf)
- 2015-2016 County Tax Rates (pdf)
- 2014-2015 County Tax Rates (pdf)
- Information on Distribution of Property Tax Dollars (pdf)
In the current fiscal year, the property tax collection will exceed $26.7 million. The Treasurer is also responsible for collecting all additional monies due other County departments such as fees for services, licenses, and special assessments.
Tax revenue and other miscellaneous monies are receipted, deposited, and distributed to the various funds according to the tax rates for each department determined by the Nye County Commissioners. The Treasurer is also responsible for investing surplus monies until they are needed for County operations and obligations.
The Nye County Treasurer’s Office makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, its use, or its interpretation.