Nye County Equal Employment Opportunity
Request for Independent Professionals under Contract as
Air Pollution Control Hearing Officer
Part-Time / On-call
The Nye County Department of Planning, Dust Control Management Section is requesting proposals from parties interested in providing services as an independent contractor as an Air Pollution Control (APC) Hearing Officer. Preference will be given to persons who are experienced in air pollution control, environmental management, engineering, law, arbitration, or dispute resolution.
- Hearing cases of alleged violation of local dust control regulations
- Assess civil penalties or impose other remedies
- Resident of the State of Nevada
- Not currently employed by Nye County
- Graduate of an accredited four-year college
- Minimum of five years experience in public administration
- $110 (One Hundred Ten Dollars)/hr for hearing and preparatory time only with a yearly amount not to exceed $12,000.00 (Twelve Thousand Dollars).
RESPONSES MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 2:00 p.m. on February 28, 2023. The Respondent is requested to submit its response via email to . Please title all subject lines for the responses as Air Pollution Control Hearing Officer. Pre-qualification of respondent is not required. All respondents are required to comply with the provisions of Nevada Revised Statutes and other applicable Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations.