Voter Registration

Qualifications to Register to Vote

You must:

  • Be a United States citizen (NRS 293.485)
  • Be 18 years of age before the next election (NRS 293.485) individuals who are 17 years of age may pre-register to vote
  • Any person who has been convicted of a felony and no longer incarcerated is entitled to register to vote.
  • Actually, physically, and legally (not constructively) reside in Nye County (NRS 293.485, NV Const. Art. 2, Sec. 1)
  • Have continuously resided in Nevada for the following time before the next election:
    • At least 30 days in Nye County
    • At least 10 days in the precinct
  • Provide official identification as proof of residence and identity, such as a driver’s license or other official document (NRS 293.505)
  • Provide Social Security Number, Nevada Driver’s License Number, or Nevada Identification Card Number (NRS 293.507)
  • If you are mailing your application and are a first time registrant in Nye County, you must submit a current and valid photo ID or a copy of one of the following:
    • Current utility bill
    • Bank statement
    • Government check
    • Other government document that shows your name and residence address
  • If you do not provide ID at the time of registration, you will be required to provide ID prior to voting for the first time.

How to Register

Register to Vote Online

If you meet the registration qualifications, you may submit a Voter Registration Application to the Nye County Clerk’s Office.  Your application cannot be processed and you will not be registered as a Nevada voter until you furnish all of the following required information:

  • Name (First and Last)
  • Nye County residential address
    • Do not list a post office box or mail house unless it is being entered in as the mailing address
    • Do not list your business address unless you actually live there
  • Date of birth
  • Identification number, such as a:
    • Social Security Number
    • Nevada Driver’s License number
    • Nevada Identification Card number
  • Party affiliation
  • Signature

Where to get an application

Online Voter Registration

Registration applications may be obtained from the Nye County Clerk’s Office in the Courthouse at 101 Radar Road, Tonopah, Nevada, or the Clerk’s Office in the Nye County Government Complex at 1520 East Basin Avenue, Suite 108, Pahrump, Nevada.

Applications will also be available at the following locations:

Library, Post Office, Senior Center, Town Office

Library, Post Office, Senior Center, Town Office

Post Office

Post Office, Town Office

Library, All Post Offices, Senior Center, Town Office, Valley Electric

Library, Post Office, Town Office

Library, Post Office, Senior Center, Town Office

registration procedures for military personnel and overseas residents 

It is recommended that military personnel and their dependents who are temporarily living outside of Nevada, and Nye county residents temporarily living overseas, to complete and submit a "Registration and Absentee Ballot Request - Federal Post card Application" (FPCA) instead of the standard Voter Registration Application. The FPCA is a Voter Registration Application and Absent Ballot Request in one.  It eliminates the need to submit these items separately.  Contact your Commanding Officer for the FPCA form or go to 

Voter registration cards

A new voter registrant is mailed a Voter Registration Card within 2-3 weeks after their application has been processed.  Your Voter Registration Card contains important information such as your name, residential address, mailing address, party affiliation and precinct number.  Remember to take it with you to the polls at election time.

Voter Registration Cards are non-forwardable mail, so if the post office returns your card to our office as "undeliverable" or indicating you have moved, your registration may become inactive.

If you have not received a Voter Registration Card or if you have lost our card and would like a replacement, call (75)482-7318 or (775)482-8127.

keeping your voter registration current

In order to vote in a primary or general election, your registration must be received in by the registration deadlines.

When you move, change your name or political party, notify our office as soon as possible so that we can mail you a new voter registration application or address of change form.  If you have moved outside of Nye County you will have to re-register at your new location. Telephone notifications will not be accepted. 

inactive voter registration

If the post off office returns your Voter Registration Card, sample ballot or voter registration related correspondence to our office as "undeliverable" or indicating that you have moved, you will be sent a forwardable notice advising you to update your address with the Clerk’s Office.  If you fail to do so within 30 days, your voter registration will be inactivated.  If you inform us that you have moved outside of Nye County, your registration will be cancelled.

Voter Registration Applications/Voter Drives