- Financial Reports and Publications
- Quarterly Economic Survey
Quarterly Economic Survey
Pursuant to NRS 354.6015 the quarterly fiscal report of each local government located within Nye County is a public record that is, pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 239 of NRS, available for inspection and copying by any person and may be viewed at the:
Office of the Comptroller
101 Radar Road
Tonopah, NV 89049
2101 E. Calvada Blvd. Suite 200
Pahrump, NV 89048
NRS 354.6015 Fiscal report of local government: Requirements; publication of summary; regulations.
1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 3, the governing board of a local government shall:
(a) Submit electronically a fiscal report of the local government to the Department of Taxation in accordance with the requirements prescribed by the Committee on Local Government Finance pursuant to subsection 2; and
(b) Publish a summary of the fiscal report, which must contain the information required by the Committee on Local Government Finance pursuant to subsection 2, in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which the local government is situated.
2. The Committee on Local Government Finance shall prescribe, by regulation:
(a) The dates and times for filing a fiscal report, which must require a local government to file at least one fiscal report per year;
(b) The content of a fiscal report, which must include, without limitation, revenues, expenditures, fund balances, cash balances, components of assessed value, debt schedules and any other information that the Committee on Local Government Finance determines to be appropriate for determining the financial status of a local government;
(c) The content for a summary of a fiscal report that must be published pursuant to subsection 1; and
(d) A uniform method for creating and submitting a fiscal report electronically pursuant to this section. The method must facilitate the storage and reproduction of the fiscal report in electronic format by the Department of Taxation.
3. The Committee on Local Government Finance may establish, by regulation, an exception to the requirement that a fiscal report be submitted to the Department of Taxation in electronic format. The exception must be limited to local governments that the Committee determines do not have the financial ability to comply with the method for submitting a fiscal report to the Department of Taxation prescribed by the Committee. If the Committee on Local Government Finance provides an exception pursuant to this subsection, the Committee shall provide, by regulation, specific standards that it will use to determine whether a local government qualifies for an exemption pursuant to this subsection.
4. The Committee on Local Government Finance shall adopt regulations pursuant to this section in the manner prescribed for state agencies in chapter 233B of NRS.
(Added to NRS by 2001, 1420)