If You Need to Evacuate
- Listen to a battery-powered radio for the location of emergency shelters.
- Follow the instructions of local officials.
- Wear protective clothing and sturdy shoes.
- Take your Disaster Supplies Kit.
- Lock your home.
- Use travel routes specified by local officials.
- If you don't have to leave immediately:
- Shut off water, gas, and electricity, if instructed to do so.
- Let others know when you left and where you are going.
- Make arrangements for pets; animals are not allowed in public shelters.